Monday, July 23, 2007

A Hint on Making Bread with Small Children

I have heard from a few people "How do you make homemade bread with small children. It takes a lot of time."

Well, not actually. The hardest part of bread baking is planning ahead. I keep basic ingredients on hand - flour, sugar, big jar of yeast. The most work is the mixing that needs to be done several hours ahead. This coincides perfectly with the really little ones' naptimes. I can mix (and knead if necessary) in the relative peace of only older helpers. And those older helpers can be quite good at the tedious kneading! After that, it really just needs to be put into the oven.! You can do it!


Michele

1 comment:

Celeste Creates said...

I added a label to your posts. I told Robin about doing it, but forgot to mention it to you.

When you create a post, give it a label at the bottom. If we don't already have a category going, make up one. Then our categories will appear at the right in the sidebar.

I am so happy you blogged!!!! WONDERFUL!